1. Aswin S.
2. Shrikant Gaikwad
3. Abdul K. Sharrif
Date: 3rd January, 2009
Mode of Transport: Maruti Zen Estilo
Skandagiri is one of the hill forts in the Nandi Hill ranges. This place is very near to Nandi Hills and Chikkaballapura. The dilapidated walls of the fort can also be seen today. It is surrounded by almost 6 walls of rings. The distance is about 70 kms from Bangalore.
There are two routes to Skandagiri:
1. From NH-7, turn towards Nandi Hills. At the base of Nandi Hills turn right (left goes to Nandi Hills) and proceed to Kalawara village via Muddenahalli.
2. From Chikkaballapura proceed directly to Kalawara village.
* Move towards Chikkaballapura. Follow the road until you find a Visweswaraih statue on to your Left.
* Take a left at this place and a right turn at the City Municipal Council a little further down. Later this shall directly lead to papagni Mutt, which is the basement of Skandagiri.
At Kalawara village ask for Omkara Jyoti Ashrama / Papagni Mutt. There is a Shiva temple near the base of the hill, where vehicles can be parked.
* Nandi to Kalawara to Papagni Mutt is 6 km.
* Chikaballapur to papagni Mutt is 3 km.