Finally, after going over all through the specs of different bikes along with their comparisons, I gifted myself a new bike on the 2nd of Jan 2009, a Bajaj Platina 125 cc with DTSi technology.
There weren’t much reviews of this one as it was hardly 2 months old with it’s first release. I thought of taking a chance. The on road price for the bike is Rs 46000/- in Bangalore along with the tax and everything.
My experience with my bike:
1. Pickup is up to the mark and is good.
2. Look wise also it is good.
3. Mileage is also good. In the initial week, though it gave 60 kmpl, after the first service it went to 70 kmpl.
4. Light in weight and as such it adds to the mileage.
1. Shifting of gears is somewhat problematic, maybe being a new bike. And after the first service the problem was solved. It seems that it is a common problem as the moment I mentioned to the service person, he automatically said 2nd gear 🙂
2. Tyres are less in width.
3. Somewhere in the highway I felt the need for the 5th gear.
4. Max speed of 95 kmph.
Rest are as per the Bajaj website. The base is that if you want a good 125 cc bike you can buy it. It’s worth the money.